Monday, October 22, 2018

kindness?

this is for anyone
that tried to doubt
the sweet boy and
thought he couldn’t
keep going forward,
banging out concepts
and creating projects
the world can enjoy,
and holding the crown
when the odds say no.

14 albums in and i’m
still pushing further,
new records and highs,
and still getting better.
funny how the people
who claim they’re all
better off without me
are the ones that just
keep coming back to me.
the people that hate me
can’t stay away from me,
you can’t ignore me, you
know that you adore me.

desperate to try and
follow me through it
but you can’t tell the
truth to me, can ya?
act like you’re mad,
pretend i’m at fault,
but you keep sliding
right on back to me.
well i don’t have time
for the silly-ass games,
sorry you can’t join the
poetry king’s success.

who says i have
to be nice back,
when you tried
fucking me over?
you had you turn,
but now that’s it.
to everyone else,
don’t give in to
the people that
try to screw you.

like the boy said
back in april, be
“nice for what”
to these haters.
don’t be afraid
to show it off,
if you got it, go
flaunt that shit,
you didn’t work
your ass off to
let it slip away.

No comments:

Post a Comment