Wednesday, October 12, 2022

on the edge

image courtesy of studio trigger and cd projekt red

life right now
got me feeling
cyberpsycho,
trying to fly
to the moon,
need to be brought
back to earth,
scared to go to sleep,
i got problems
i don’t think
a ripperdoc
could fix,
seasonal depression
kicking in,
life in night city
got me wishing
for something
bigger than this,
how can i start
at the rainbow
if i know
there’s no happy endings
out here?

more connected,
but more lonely
than i’ve ever been,
and no amount of eddies
could exempt me
from the empty feeling,
wouldn’t know
the first step
to love,
yet i’m looking
for my lucy,
not even ready,
i haven’t trained
or tossed
the trauma aside,
never know
what i want
in love and life,
so i chrome up
to drown the emotion.

suppressing my pain
like i’m david,
wondering
if i need saving,
guess i understand
what maine was saying,
‘cause all i ever knew
how to do was run,
i want somebody
to believe in me,
tell me i can do it,
‘cause i’m supposed
to be special
but when will i feel it?
i want my chooms
to see their dreams through,
but am i too far gone?
did i jump in the fire
too fast?
will i get to make
a name for myself?
fly her to the moon?
or did i break myself apart
and now it’s too late?

i don’t wanna know.

No comments:

Post a Comment