Sunday, December 17, 2017

4. christmas presents

christmas comes
but once a year,
and it’s all about
the joy,
the love,
and the family.
but more than anything,
we get excited
for the gifts
that santa brings
to us.

i remember when
i made christmas lists,
“i want that new nintendo system,
or the power ranger megazord,
or a trip to disney world!”
all the things
that santa could bring,
the toys,
the games,
the chocolate,
that’s all i wanted,
but now it’s different,
because the things that i want,
santa can’t bring me.

i want my college bills
to be paid off,
i want people
to stop killing
all the time,
i want my crush
to love me back,
i want my dog
to live forever,
and i want the world
to be happy again.
santa can’t bring me
all of that,
even if he wanted to.

but i do know that
he can bring optimism,
he can bring excitement,
he can bring out
the child within us,
he can make us
forget our problems
and just be happy.
he can bring us together
just for one day
and remind us
that there’s so much
to be thankful for.

so at least there’s that.

No comments:

Post a Comment