Thursday, May 17, 2018

10. better days

last time all of you
saw me write this
introspective stuff,
i was down and out,
sad matt in full effect,
beaming with anxiety,
it was a way to cope
with the way i felt,
i had seen better days,
no doubt about it.

but here i am now,
two months later,
and there’s no way
you’ll catch me here
looking the same.
smile on my face,
finally able to chill,
back to where i want
to be every damn day.
writing for the people
that stay by my side,
had my back when
i felt like shit,
and now i feel like
the best in the world.

and i know for sure,
not each day will be
the greatest ever
and my anxiety
may come back later,
but i’m glad to be
where i am today,
relaxed and unafraid,
creatively at my best
and only getting better,
living my best life
with the best people,
happy matt’s back,
this time for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment