Monday, August 31, 2020

3. powerless

all my life,
i’ve been dealing
with a tyrant,
but all this fucker
wants is for me
to be silent,
i’m tired of lying
and pretending
you’re always right,
i’ve said my piece
on works
the world may never
get to read,
i’ve held it back
to protect you,
if you think this is mean,
picture the quotes
i once wrote
that won’t get released.

dealt with the policing
and all the times
i just had to “suck it up,”
all the days i heard,
“think of the good he’s done,”
as if that forgives
the pain you’ve caused,
searched for the root
of my anxiety,
and found it traced
back to you,
all the threats,
all the silencing,
pulling my hair
and grabbing my face,
gaslight and manipulate,
never allowed to make a case
because you tried
to silence me.

guess the only way
you’ll ever change
is if i say it here,
you took away my voice,
but you’ll never take
the written word,
and if it stings,
i guess you’ll know
what i’ve felt
for all these years.
you want independence?
well, here it is:
my independent decision
to call you on your shit,
fight against the abuse,
you made me out
to be the weakling,
“you need to grow a pair,”
if that’s the case,
i can only ask you this:

is this strong enough for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment