Monday, February 28, 2022

2. they hate me

my brain
is constantly saying
things i know
just aren’t right.
i say all the time
that it’s lying,
but i can’t stop wondering
if it’s telling the truth.
i shouldn’t even
be entertaining these thoughts,
but i can’t help myself.

i’m always hearing
my brain say
that my friends
secretly hate me,
that they don’t
actually care about me,
and i know it’s wrong,
i can show
clear examples,
i know they care,
they’re happy
i’m here,
i know that
i’m a good friend.

but what if i’m not?

what if i’m a means
to an end?
what if they don’t
really want me around?
what if i’m only important
when it benefits them?
i’ve seen all the tricks,
and yet,
i still fall for them,
i still get lost
thinking about
if i mean as much
to the people around me
as they mean to me.
i shouldn’t be here,
i shouldn’t think like that,
but i do,
and i can’t stop myself.

i’m too paranoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment