Wednesday, November 22, 2017

2. birds


one simple school day,
didn’t see many things special…
well except for the birds.
they were flying all over the place,
around campus,
on the train,
in the street,
even on my phone,
and my computer,
it’s hard to dodge.

they held hands,
kissed,
hugged,
laughed,
they were happy,
madly in love,
and i’d be lying if i said
i didn’t want love like that,
i can’t say i don’t long
to hold you in my arms
and call you mine,
but i wonder,
am i ready?

they say to love others,
you must love yourself,
and i most certainly do,
but do i love myself too much?
do i come on too strong?
am i too honest for my own good?
“i like you,”
should i drop it like that?
give it to them right away?
it’s really tough
when you’re a wimp like me
in search of her.

remember that volcano
from the pixar short?
what was it called again?…
lava, that’s the one.
he sang for years
to the one he loved,
but she couldn’t hear
because she was underwater?
i feel that,
that volcano is me.
those nights in my basement
just blasting sad songs,
will she ever hear them?
is she, too, underwater?
when will she come out?
will i be like the volcano
and not find love until
i’m about to drown?
because we don’t grow back like him,
so that love won’t last long.

i’m being really mushy
and some might cry “unoriginal”
but i want to meet her,
and i want her to be the one,
but apparently,
me doesn’t want me
to get into that yet.
ah well,
i’ve waited 19 years
and still haven’t locked lips,
what bad will a few more be?

i promise, i can wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment