Friday, November 24, 2017

4. you

you’ll probably never see this
and i might be wasting my time,
but i write to express
the thoughts in my head.

my love for you
can’t even stop growing.
every time we lock eyes,
i can’t help but notice
your pure perfection,
your beauty
that just seems to
grow each and every day.

and it’s probably not healthy
to be this in love,
but i’m head-over-heels
and i’m not ashamed.

the littlest things remind me
of the times we’ve spent together:
a simple love song,
a picture on my phone,
such tiny things
warp me right back
to those special moments.

and i’m hopeless,
stuck in a state
of endless devotion,
and i feel like
i’ll never be with you,
but i don’t love easily,
and i’ll probably never find someone
as special to me
as you.

we don’t talk much now,
i don’t want to be in the way,
you have things to do,
as do i,
but i’ll never leave you,
i’m here if you need me.

you’re the el to my mike
and my friends might laugh
because i’m so cheesy,
but friends never lie,
so let me tell the truth:
i’ll give all my love to you.

promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment