Monday, April 2, 2018

10. alone

there i was,
sat in the middle
of the empty floor,
smelling of alcohol,
clothes ruined,
completely forgotten.

all of those people
that trampled me
and tried to force me
to drink from them
just left me here
to find my way home
and try my best
to forget this night happened.

and to think
all of this
could’ve been avoided
if i hadn’t taken
that person’s hand
to dance.
instead, i’ll walk home,
not looking or smelling great,
thinking all about
all the people
that made me feel loved
but left all too quickly.

here i was,
thinking i was cared for,
but once the music ended
and the dancing stopped,
i realized that i was
just another statistic
to all of those people,
no one to remember,
just someone to use
and dispose of
all in one fell swoop.

i knew i should’ve stayed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment