Monday, April 2, 2018

9. carry

and wouldn’t you know it,
those people forcing me to drink?
smashed out of their minds.
falling all over me,
still trying to force
it into me,
one tried to kiss me,
i didn’t want that.

they screamed in my face,
it overpowered the music
“drink! dance! have fun!”
i just wanted to leave,
but these people
just wouldn’t let me,
they were unbuttoning my shirt,
grabbing my legs,
and wouldn’t you know
one of them poured their beer
onto my head?

as the final,
very intense song was playing,
i thought things would get bad,
i was lying on the floor,
drunk people all over me
messing up my clothes,
some trying to kiss,
everything turned to shit,

until the DJ stopped the track
and it was time to go home,
they left me on the floor
no longer caring,
and they didn’t say goodbye
as they carried each other out.

No comments:

Post a Comment