Tuesday, May 16, 2023

1. alone in an open zone

6:30 pm,
the blue bench,
couple to the left,
did i take their spot?
staring at the green
and the yellow,
afterglow in the background,
and it fades to the blue
and the purple,
hustle bustle
turns to a
quiet tiptoe,
a few more go by,
a lady with a dog.

and then there’s me.

so this is what it’s like
being alone
in an open zone,
my unlucky number,
15 minutes to go,
space starting
to feel liminal,
energy is minimal,
i just sit
and bare my soul,
asking where’d my friends go
as if they were ever
here to begin with,
they’re having fun
without me,
just as it’s always been.
i’m the problem,
i’m the burden,
i hold them back,
it’s my fault.

5 minutes to go.

walls are going up,
security came to tell me,
no more wallowing
in my own pity,
home so early?
how do i explain it?
pain in the pit
of my stomach,
they don’t hate me,
do they?
everything swirling
all at once,
how do i find a way
out of this hole?
guess i’ll make it up
as i go.

for now…

No comments:

Post a Comment