Sunday, December 3, 2023

2. dependent

all that time
i spent talking
about growing up alone
is what i was
scared of the most,
i’m barely feeling
like i’m self-sufficient,
almost like i can’t
accomplish my missions
without supervision,
and no matter
how much i try
to convince myself
otherwise,
fear of abandonment
never subsides,
i feel like
i’m too much
to handle,
and i’m sorry
that i can’t
be better at it,
i’m really trying,
but i don’t want
to burden others
and allow my emotions
to smother.

it’s why i wanna tell
everyone i ever love
to run,
i’m scared to fall
because i’m too clingy,
i sabotage myself
whenever the feeling
starts to bubble up
because my mind
finds it hard to trust,
scars left unhealed
and i can’t resist
picking and making
the skin peel,
the existential dread’s
got me questioning
if i’m worthy of love,
something i want
to give plenty of,
but i’m scared,
so i keep the shields up,
i just want
one day
to have some comfort.

give me something
to make me forget,
all these obsessive
and intrusive thoughts
are planting the nest
inside of my mind,
i’m just tryna
lead a happy life,
one day,
i wanna feel
what it’s like
to be loved,
wanna have someone
i can take on
this life thing with,
it’s hard
to be individual,
especially when all
the pressure’s on,
i’m sorry i’m so dependent,
i just wish
for a minute,
i could get out
of my own head.

is that good?

No comments:

Post a Comment