Sunday, December 3, 2023

3. existential

another day
spent questioning
the same things,
just wanna be okay
but my brain
is in flames,
i’m running on fumes
because i can’t
stop focusing
on the thoughts
i don’t wanna have,
my thinking is obsessive
even when i’m trying
to rest it,
another bad spell,
except that this one’s
got my thoughts
feeling existential,
dread from a potential
quarter-life’s
got me feeling too reflective.

feels like
my life began
when i was 4,
wide-eyed in pre-school
and i didn’t even know
my own name,
like i blinked
and suddenly,
i’m alive,
what was life like
before that?
4.6 billion years
on the planet
but my memories
don’t last past 2002?
i just snapped awake
on that september day?
did i have a past life,
and if so,
why can’t i remember it?
the universe
is leaving me
with all these questions
but why can’t
nobody answer them?

i’m scared
of what’ll happen
when i die,
will everything
just fade black?
will i be forgotten?
everything could disappear
in an instant,
will all the hard work
be lost to time?
is it worth
even falling in love
when i know
they’ll leave this earth?
everybody faces
the same fate,
do people truly
reincarnate?
will i reawaken
under another name?
i know i’ll never
get the answers,
but that doesn’t mean
i’ll stop asking,
‘cause i’m too paranoid,
tryna lead
a satisfying life,
but happiness lasts
for only a fleeting time.

i’m terrified.

No comments:

Post a Comment