Wednesday, May 8, 2024

epilogue

but before i go,
send this message
to the world,
make sure the words
are all in bold.

i’ve been down
some roads
i wish i’d never known,
this life
has taken me
to places
that left me jaded,
so many times,
i’ve turned into
someone
i never wanted to be,
stared in the mirror
for hours
wondering what happened
to me,
lost myself
and wanted to hide
my face in shame.

but you never gave up.

had every right
to leave me
where i was at,
force me to pick up
the pieces
on my own,
come to grips
with all the ways
i’d gone wrong,
coped with my pain
in the worst ways
and lost my mind,
made a lot of people
wanna say goodbye.

but through all the loss,
who’d have thought
you’d still be here
next to me?

when the world
came crashing down,
you picked me up
from out of the rubble,
sat next to me
quietly
just so i wouldn’t be alone,
when it felt like
all the backs were turned,
you were a shoulder
to cry on,
never hesitated
to extend a hand,
and no matter
how many came and went,
you never left.

and i’m so proud
of how you’ve grown,
you may not always
believe in yourself,
but i believe in you
more than i’ve ever
believed in myself,
and i’m happy
that there’s still an “us,”
may not always
love yourself,
but i promise
“just you”
is more than enough,
you’re the reason
i keep on going,
life is worth it
for you alone,
and i’m glad that fate
made it so
that we ended up
in the same room
that day.

thank you for being you.

No comments:

Post a Comment