Monday, February 26, 2024

3. i wrote the book on self-loathing

tryna muster the strength
to get out of bed,
but i’m too stuck
in my head,
a modern day mr. jones,
just wanna be beautiful
but every time
i’m counting crows,
only 13 show,
it seems i’ve kept
the devil in the know,
he’s been working overtime
on my life,
“fate is kind,”
that’s disney’s biggest lie,
if that was the case,
i wouldn’t be cursed
with the pain
inside my mind.

can’t wait for them
to name a new
mental health disorder
after me,
pretty easy to see
why they’re tired of me,
i’m not cut out
for “fun”
so i’ll be left in the dust,
all i ever do
is bring down
everyone that i’m around,
i’m sinking
into the swamp
like i’m artax,
‘cause who’d wanna be
around someone
who radiates this much sadness?

got some shit
i wanna say
that i’ll hold
to the chest
so i don’t leave ‘em worried,
i made that mistake
and hurt important people,
trust i don’t wanna
do it again,
but just like i said
in 2020,
they’re all better without me,
i bring no value,
and all the happiest days
are the ones
i’m not part of,
should just leave ‘em alone
and disappear,
hide my face in shame
and go away,
i’m too dependent
on ‘em anyway,
they’ll be great
and it’ll all be okay,
‘cause i’m nothing
without them
but they don’t need me
in the same way.

you’ll be fine without me.
go be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment