Sunday, February 11, 2024

be safe preface


it always warms my heart to see all of you still here. today, i bring you my 32nd poetry album, “be safe.” it’s amazing to me that i’ve gotten to write this many. this project came amid some very rough times in my personal life, as i’ve been trying to keep my head on straight while i wait to receive the help that i need (wow, that could’ve been a line on the album). in the meantime, i’ve found that writing can help heal through those tough times, so i thought i should do it, as writing is one of the only things i’m particularly good at. i also wanted to get a bit more creative with the formatting on this one, unleashing my raw feelings in a bit of a different way. i’m unbelievably proud of what i’ve made here, and i hope it brings comfort to anyone who may also be struggling. take care of yourselves, and as the title says, “be safe”:

1. i had the best night of my life last night until i woke up

2. is it narcissistic to use the term “self-effacing” to describe yourself?

3. i had a different name planned but i was politely asked to censor it

4. i’m not saying i’m spider-man but have you ever seen us in the same room?

5. it was a happy valentine’s day until this poem came along

6. a poem for the days when standing up feels hard

7. why do medications have side effects if they’re supposed to help you?

8. this is the closest i’ve gotten to putting my screenwriting degree to use

9. today was the longest month of my life

10. hug the people you love and care about a little tighter

No comments:

Post a Comment