Monday, April 2, 2018

empty EP preface


(NOTE: even though blogger says that this was released in april, it was actually released in march.)

originally, after writing "all in the mind," i had my next full-length poetry album all mapped out. it was gonna be really dark and sad (not unusual for my poetry), however, the difference here is that it wasn't really gonna have a "resolve." it was gonna be me at my all-time low, just discussing my fears, my sadness, and my frustration. however, after a while, i decided that i wanted to switch up the concept and try something slightly different, which you will see when i release my next poetry album. still, i had already written three poems for this album that i didn't want to go to waste, so i decided to release them in the form of what is essentially an EP, so you guys can get a small glimpse at what the album would've been like. i'll also give very short, one-sentence explanations below on what each poem is:

1. rapid fire - a poem about the fact that i've released so much in such a short time.

2. change - a slightly more politically-minded poem.

3. my dear, part 2 - the sequel to the first free-verse poem i ever wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment