Monday, April 2, 2018

handle with care

i’ve been lied to before.
yeah, i know,
we all have,
but the lies i’ve been told
have stuck with me more
than the truths.

there was the one time
where i thought i was valued,
but it was only
to keep me in
a place i didn’t want to be.
or when i was told
that we’d never lose contact,
only to be dropped in
a matter of weeks without
a sign of any wrongdoing.
or how about when
i was told i got an a-,
but you gave me a b instead?
might be petty to think about,
but i’ve still got the receipts.

yeah, i know,
that stuff still sticks,
and some of it’s not worth it,
but do you really enjoy
that fake shit in your face?
when i hand you my trust,
don’t betray it like that.
i don’t trust easily,
let that be known.
i always worry,
who’s next to backstab?

all that i ask
is you be patient
with me.
don’t fake anything,
and don’t put on a face.
take off the mask,
let the purge end,
and handle me with care.

i’ve been hurt
and lied to before,
but all i need are
my real friends,
because life
can be tough to handle
and hard to solve.
can we try
to figure it out
together?

No comments:

Post a Comment