Wednesday, June 20, 2018

2. conscience

so…
tell me what’s
on your mind?

a lot.
i mean,
i should be
feeling good,
but it just feels
like everything is
not as it should be.

hm…
well why’s that?

well,
it’s like,
my life is
starting to
move along
so damn fast
and, that’s not
how it usually is.
like, i’m so used to
taking it all slow and
living a quiet little life,
enjoying smaller things,
and having relaxing time.
now, i’m not even excited
that my birthday’s coming,
in about a month, mind you,
because it means i’m getting
to a point where i’m having to
get a job and a driver’s license
and make all my own decisions,
and i’m honestly not ready for it.

mhm…
and that stops
you from feeling
how you should?

yeah,
because
it’s summer,
i really want to
just be happy and
care-free but i can’t,
because i’m too busy
thinking all of this stuff.
i thought having free time
would help me feel relaxed,
especially after this wild year,
but all this time by myself just
made me start thinking and now,
i can’t stop myself no matter what.

hmm…
you’ve got quite
a dilemma now.
this might take
a little more
time to fix.
be patient now,
i’m sure you’ll
be just fine.

yeah, but
being patient
is the hard part.

No comments:

Post a Comment