Saturday, June 15, 2019

1am in my living room

i know the world’s
been waiting on me,
wondering when i’m
gonna drop the 24th,
but i’m breaking, got
a lack of productivity,
it worries me, a great
kick off to the summer,
while i watch them all
live it up, i dodge these
calls and struggle with
the work i’m doing, it’s
bearing me down and
i’m frustrated with the
lack of consistency, i’m
wishing i could have the
creativity, but it’s leaving.
saw you’ve been missing
people and i start to wish
that i was one of them, i’m
trying to hide my pain but
i can’t, and every time my
mama asks about you, i’m
at a loss for what to say. i
wish she had a chance to
meet you, she’d be happy.
speaking of, i’m scared my
mama’s getting tired of me,
still can’t help her pay these
bills and she’s always gotta
hear me complain, i know i’m
a pain, wish i could do better.
i’m glad to have her, though,
some people don’t have that
guidance she provides and i
can see it in their eyes, hurts
to watch them go down paths
you wish they wouldn’t, and i
wonder if the energy would be
higher if their mama was part
of their lives in a bigger way.
i’m jumping all around now,
but that’s just what my mind
is looking like at this point in
time, trying to find what i had
fostered in the past, but all the
passion i had is passing away.
i just wanna get it back and try
to drop some albums, but this
time, it’s out of reach, and i’m
feeling like it’s not coming back.
trying my best to grab it, but it’s
like my best is not good enough.

it never is.

No comments:

Post a Comment