Tuesday, December 21, 2021

3. unheard

whole crowd around me,
but i feel so unheard,
they bop to the songs
but do they hear the words?
did i really sign
my life away
to watch people
dance to my pain?
spilled it all on the page,
but i gave it away
to a label
that just wanted some plays.

i don’t want to diss,
because i wouldn’t
be here without it,
but is this really
what my life’s about?
i can’t even listen
to my work anymore,
don’t remember
it sounding so hollow,
and that’s the toughest
pill to swallow.

i want to drop this mic,
leave the stage
and never return,
this character can’t stay,
it’s eating away
and making me forget
what creativity feels like.
once the leader,
now they want me
to follow the pack
that i created,
i want them to flourish,
but i’m tired
of the suit and ties
trying to get me
to tail them from behind.

i wanna be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment