Tuesday, December 21, 2021

4. breakdown

my list of regrets
keeps piling up,
while my mental state
goes the opposite way,
deteriorates,
but i gotta hold it in,
because who knows
what they’ll print tomorrow?
“it’s a breakdown,
he’s insane,
i didn’t know he was sick,”
when i just want
these reporters
out of my face.

i just wanted
to make my mark
with my art,
but i got thrust
into the fire,
everybody tries
to sell the story,
rags to riches,
from humble beginnings
to worldwide status,
but never have i missed
my quiet start more
than when i’m up
at my greatest peak.
i could never be
this big again,
but maybe i need that
to leave this place.

being stuck in this mansion
makes me realize
how much it sucks,
i’d give it up
to have my old bed back.
i wanna see my dog
before they take him
to the doc,
maybe for the last time.
kiss him on the head
and tell him
i love him, mama.
cuddle with him,
love him up,
do everything i wish
i could right now,
i wish i had you both
by my side,
letting me know
everything will be alright.

i wanna go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment