Saturday, September 28, 2024

2. real music's gonna last

my pedigree
speaks volumes
i could never reach,
yet everyone
still sleeps on me,
ask someone to name
their favorite poem
of mine,
they start to stutter,
don’t tell me
it flew above ya?
still playing catch-up
while i’m on
to the next one,
everyone expecting me
to fall off
but i’m only getting better
with every release,
i’m my favorite writer
and my favorite album
is the one
i haven’t written yet.

i’m more than a trend
and i know i’ll end up
in the hall of fame,
the real shit’s gonna last
and the gimmicks
will fade in time,
top of the charts worldwide,
i’ll keep leavin’ ‘em
in a trance
every time,
and all the ones
that never cared for me
will be calling me
the GOAT one day,
they’ll be talking
like they always
saw it in me
even though i know
they didn’t believe,
but let ‘em think
what they must,
i’ll be the one
making history
and leaving ‘em
in the dust.

and fuck all the people
that never believed in me,
the people
i’m supposed to call
“family,”
and i don’t care
how much trouble
this gets me in,
i’ve held in the pain
they’ve got
no idea
they caused me,
i used to be scared
i’d get kicked
from my home,
but maybe i’m better off
being alone,
roam the streets
and find a castle
i could hide in,
i’m really like edward
the way
i’m not finished,
maybe i never will be,
but it sure beats
being the scapegoat
every time they overheat.

No comments:

Post a Comment