Sunday, February 3, 2019

a quiet night

it’s as calming
as it is frightful.
the street is as
intimidating as
it is peaceful,
and i only hear
myself, walking,
deeply breathing
as i make my way
back home tonight.

the dead of night
and quiet air make
me think of isolation.
the lonely life i lead
and the disconnect
i feel from it all, my
family and friends,
i feel out of place,
stuck in the wrong
world, wanting to
wake up and feel
like i really belong.

but instead, here
i walk in the night,
i should fear it but
it’s the only place
where i feel right.
out all on my own,
my thoughts and i,
nobody else here.
the only time that
i’m unafraid comes
when i shouldn’t be.
wish i could stay out
all night and stare at
the beautiful dark sky.

it’s the only way i’d find peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment