Saturday, February 9, 2019

what a time

it’s been a ride.

moving in a lot of
different ways as
i swerve through
this mess of a life.
had great times
and rough ones,
life never knows
if i should be up
or down, and i’d
spent some time
praying to a God
that i wasn’t even
sure was listening,
stopped my praying
but still don’t know
what to think of him.

prayed for moments
that never happened,
the ones that i loved
wanted none of me,
bet they still don’t and
i wouldn’t know what
to say if they read this.
mom and pop talk up
how they want me to
find someone amazing,
but how do i tell them
i’m stuck, only wanting
the ones i’ll never have?
they say when you love,
everyone else becomes
less interesting, just as
boring as they probably
see me at this point now.

but that’s life for ya.
hits where it hurts,
and sometimes it’s
hard to get up, once
feared i would never
get myself up, but i’m
working towards that.
every day i’m trying
to see that better me,
the king i claim to be,
extra extra, read all
about it, he’s gonna
make the book a hit,
how he made all this,
embracing the scars,
it’s the poetry so far.

what a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment