Saturday, February 2, 2019

the man who loves too hard

it’s one of those
late nights, i’m
all alone, and i
sit and listen to
all the sad songs.
stuck in my head
is the one called
“the man who
can’t be moved.”
beautiful script,
a man who loves
so much, and just
wants them back.

i feel it too hard, i
dove in too deep,
more times than i
really should’ve,
and here i stay,
stuck to myself,
because i loved
to the point that
i didn’t prepare
myself for all the
pain, the broken
heart that can’t
heal so quickly.

and now i watch
and realize that
i’ll never be the
one they end up
in the embrace of.
thought they could
never find someone
like me, but i realize
after all that i’ll never
find anyone like them.
but that’s my story, i’m
forever and always the
man who loves too hard,
hides pain behind a smile
and prays it’ll all be okay.

“i wanna wake up in 2013.”

No comments:

Post a Comment