Wednesday, August 11, 2021

9. illusion, part 3

this is the most scared
that i’ve felt all day,
heard a local artist installed
a spinning spiral piece,
wanted to see it
but i kept my distance,
hoped the crowd would fade
but it’s been this big all day,
take a deep breath
and try to brave the storm,
get as close as i can
before it kicks in.

in the middle of the pile,
i try to stand up
on my tippy toes,
just wanted a peak,
does it really spin?
from a distance,
it surely does,
fading in and out
on the page,
there’s never an end,
works just as planned.

but after a minute,
i finally feel it,
the crowd around me
feels taller than i thought,
i try to keep breathing,
but my vision’s black
and the crowd’s chatter
starts to fade out,
everything will be fine,
just don’t fall down,
keep my balance,
keep my balance,
keep my balance,
keep my…

nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment