Tuesday, November 28, 2023

proud of you

it’s the darkest part
of the year,
should be filled
with joy and love
but all the lights
have gone off,
as my brain wanders,
i search for a sign,
something to cling to
that could bring me
to a calmer frame
of mind,
some sweet relief
in what they call
“the most wonderful time
of the year,”
trying to ward off
the existential thoughts
and fears
of what would happen
if everything was gone.

and i remember you.

the one whose smile
is enough
to bring me back
from the dark,
my heart
skips a beat
every time i see
your name,
you’ve made me smile
the brightest
during my worst days,
you might not
even realize
what you mean to me,
i thank the stars
in every way
for making sure
to place us
in the same room,
never wanna do
this thing
without you,
one of the few things
i can say
makes life great.

and to you,
i know believing
in yourself
is hard,
self-esteem
might make it seem
like you’re not seen
for who you are,
but i promise
that you’ll make it far,
i’m honored
to be part
of your journey,
best thing
that i get to be,
the one i’m always
most excited to see,
i know you been fighting,
but in case
you haven’t
told yourself lately,
i’m glad you’re here,
and i’ll do anything
to make you happy.

i’m proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment