Monday, November 6, 2023

6. therapist

i’m a great therapist
for someone
who could really use one,
always struggled
to ask for help
because i felt
i had to clean up
my messes myself,
i suppress it
so i don’t overwhelm,
but now i’m the one
feeling it worse,
distract myself
from my problems
by taking on
everyone else’s,
because the pain
i’ve felt
is something i’d never
want anyone else
to have to go through.

i’ve had trust issues
since i was 17,
made me act out
in some bad ways,
but i’m learning
not to dwell on
my past mistakes,
i’ve had my beefs
but bitter’s something
i’m never trying to be,
that petty shit is bad
for my anxiety,
so this is the most
you’ll see from me
as far as responding,
i’d rather take
the high road
than go back and forth,
trying to be better
instead of getting
caught up in drama,
because i’ve got
too many out there
that need my help.

i’m not tryna
say too much
for the sake
of protecting my people,
I just want them
to have some peace,
don’t even care
who’s praying for me,
‘cause i’m saving mine
for them,
i wanna let ‘em know
that life will be okay,
even though i barely have
my own head on straight,
i’m not okay
but i wanna make sure
everyone else is safe,
people pleaser
in the worst way
because i don’t know
my own purpose.

maybe one day i’ll learn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment