Monday, November 6, 2023

5. one more day

before you pointed
the pistol at your dome,
what were you thinking of?
you always felt
unworthy of the love,
wasn’t your first try
but this is my last time,
now that you’re gone,
i don’t even feel alive,
survivor’s guilt
kicked in from the minute
that i saw you die,
the worst sight
i’ll ever lay eyes on,
i loved you more
than you could ever
love yourself,
but i always missed
the obvious signs,
all i wanted to do
was call you my wife,
reminders of the cruelty
of life,
haven’t slept
because every night,
i try to convince myself,
“this can’t be right!”
even though i saw it,
i’d give it all
just to have you back,
wanted to comfort you
and keep the demons away,
been looking at pictures
of that smiling face,
all i ever wanted
was one more day,
to show you that
you mattered more
than the voices
in your head,
my best friend,
the love of my life,
the greatest thing
to happen to me,
but now, you’re gone,
and i’m never waking up
from this nightmare
we call life.

No comments:

Post a Comment