Monday, November 6, 2023

2. drown

thought i found
my love
in this club again,
saw her walking in
with that confidence,
got a face like dua,
body like ava,
baby so enchanted,
you would think
that she was taylor,
but so it goes,
i know it all too well,
my head tells me
what my heart won’t,
that she’s only
a distraction,
don’t start now
because i’ll only
open myself up
to further disappointment.

try to convince myself
i’ve fallen in love
with everyone i meet
to forget how much
i want you,
never had the guts
to admit
you were the one,
you struggled to feel
confident in yourself,
but it was me
who wasn’t brave enough,
couldn’t just say it,
now you’re out
of my life,
never coming back,
i’d throw it all away
for another day,
even though i know
it’ll never come.

so i drown myself
and down the bottle,
be lucky
if i hobble home
safely and with
sanity intact,
if a life with love
is a life that’s lived,
then what’s my life
even worth in the end?
tonight i might
bleed out,
doubt i’m worth
crying for,
but i wish
i told you
everything,
because you’re the one
i’ll be missing most
when i’m gone.

i hope you’ll miss me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment