Saturday, November 18, 2023

stories to cry to EP preface


back so soon? well, you know, i'm never one to ignore an opportunity when inspiration strikes. thus, i've returned with my eighth poetry EP, "stories to cry to EP" (yes, i do habitually add "EP" to the title of every EP). like many of my EPs, this came out of a desire to unleash some raw, emotional thoughts that i've had stuck in my head. it's my hope that poems like these can bring comfort at a time when life has kicked a lot of us down and made us shed more than a few tears. i often feel like, as a writer, if someone cries to my work, it's a sign that i've done my job and my writing has connected to the reader, and i wanted to make that happen here. i wanted to do what i do best with my poetry and just let my emotions spill onto the page. i'm very proud of these poems, and i hope you enjoy them (and/or have a nice shower cry to them; whichever you prefer). it's always lovely seeing those of you who stop by to take a look at these poems; hopefully, i'll have even more for you in the future:

1. what do i matter anyway?

2. give up on love

3. i'm dying inside

No comments:

Post a Comment