Monday, November 6, 2023

3. 140

a loud and crowded room,
but i feel alone,
starting to wonder
what it was
that made me come to this,
wanted to get
out of the house,
but now i feel like
i should go home,
i don’t know
what’s come over me,
but it won’t go away,
140 on my heart rate,
and my mental state
is decaying
the longer i stay.

it’s almost like
i’m not even here,
i could get up and leave
and no one
would notice me,
i wish social anxiety didn’t exist,
only waited
months for this
and i’m ruining it,
and i’m damned if i do,
damned if i don’t,
whether i stay or go,
i won’t be right,
fade away
like the puff of smoke
flown over my head.

what if everybody hates me?
what if they never
wanted me here
in the first place?
i can’t calm my brain
so i guess i’ll go
lock myself
in the bathroom
and pray nobody
has to come in,
head between my legs,
deep breathing
on the floor,
exactly how i pictured
my saturday night to go,
the only one in the party
who can’t have fun.

what’s wrong with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment