Monday, November 6, 2023

7. happy ending

i’ve been living
a lie,
happy on the outside,
dying on the inside,
tryna find
a good reason
to believe in life,
feel like i’m spiraling
toward my demise,
i wanna stay alive
because i’ve got friends
on the other side,
but i feel like a child
in an adult’s body,
bound to be left behind,
begging for a reason
to grind,
try to write these words
from the soul,
but i’m pondering
my purpose
like joe,
trapped in my mind
and i’m begging
for them to let go.

i’m a cross between
charlie brown and eeyore,
try and i try,
but i can’t get it right,
maybe i’m woody,
but what am i
against a buzz lightyear?
strap me to the rocket
and let me fly
because i deserve
to take the fall,
i wish i never
fell in love
the first time,
because then
i would’ve never
felt the hurt
the second
or the third time,
all i’ve done
is get in the way,
you’re perfect
and i’m a burden,
always so easily hurt
and i can’t
get over myself,
got people that love me,
but i never feel
like i deserve it.

people like me
don’t get a happy ending,
we don’t get the girl
or the money
or the world,
we don’t get the success
even after we’ve
busted our ass,
we’re not the number one
to anyone else,
all we’ve got
is ourselves,
statistics
wishing we could
make a difference,
but we’ve missed out
on our 15 minutes,
so we’re left
to accept
that this life
is the best we get.

and it’s empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment