Monday, November 6, 2023

8. from the beginning

september ‘17,
she’d rejected me,
wasn’t ready
but it hit me harder
than i was expecting,
didn’t know why
but my mind
fell into a bad place,
i couldn’t let it go,
the world was crushing me
in its grasp,
and the trauma
eventually kicked in,
needed a way
to express it,
so i wrote it down,
took my chance
to unleash the emotions
and real thoughts
on a page,
then put it out
and let it have
it’s own life.

who’d have thought
it’d take me here?

thought i’d be sitting
behind the camera,
but chose to switch lanes,
the written word
was my haven,
i was a maven,
trying to play my part
in changing the world,
17 albums
in a year’s time,
a moment of highs
and giant lows,
wrote like
i was possessed
with a symbiote,
later learned
to take it slow,
but no matter the speed,
i was spittin’,
speaking that real shit,
my pen’s been livid,
i wrote for the nobodies
who had shit on the mind
but didn’t know how to say it.

and look what i made of it.

31 albums down
and i’m still the king,
from the beginning,
i had a gift,
but i never thought
this would be
the life i’d live,
yet here i am,
comfortable on the throne,
when i’m in my zone,
i know there’s no one better,
make like moses,
part the ocean
and the bars i write,
shoutout to dom,
that shit was deep,
and shoutout to me,
because sometimes
i need it,
i’m messy
and still learning
to trust my mental,
but as long as i breathe,
i’ll write these stories,
and i’ll make sure
that they remember me,
the poetry king.

let’s make a toast to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment