Tuesday, July 3, 2018

4. shitty birthmonth

july 1st,
it sucks because
my birthday’s in
just six days,
and i just don’t
want it to be
my birthday.

i tell myself that
it’s gonna be such
an exciting month
full of love and joy,
but it’s probably
gonna go nowhere fast.
i’m gonna sit alone
in my bedroom
on my birthday,
not hanging with friends
because they’re all busy
or too far away,
and all the family is
out at work, too.

oh yeah, guess what!
i’m 20 years old
and i don’t have
a damn job now!
i’m 20 and growing up,
but i still don’t even
have a job? what?
what the hell am i
gonna be saving for
this “big” month of mine?
more anxiety? more sadness?
more time spent alone?
yeah, i made it here,
20 years old, but
what have i done?
next to nothing?

shitty birthmonth to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment