Wednesday, July 4, 2018

6. no they don't

maybe my words
don’t really hit
as hard as i think.
am i really here
bringing people
into my mind or
just saying some
fake deep shit that
everyone else has?
i’ve lasted a year
but will i really go
further than this?

will i really
be able to keep
going like this
if people don’t
read my poems?
fourth album of
just this summer,
am i going too fast?
have people stopped
reading because i’m
giving too much at once?
are my concepts really
all that great or am i
just overrated, huh?

am i really gonna
be able to keep
doing this for free?
never wanted money
to be my influence,
but can i really sell
myself with some
poems on a blog?
am i really writing
the best that i can?
is the passion i had
still there or am i
just phoning it in?

do my words hit?
no, they don’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment