Sunday, January 30, 2022

1. crisis

i’m having my first
mid-life crisis,
didn’t think i could skip
so far ahead,
but the quarter-life
has gone for too long.
haven’t had
a good night’s sleep
in weeks,
i’m scared to close
my eyes,
what if they don’t
open again?
in my dreams,
all i see
is a reflection
of the pressure
i’ve been placing
on myself,
and i can’t stop
my mind from racing
as i alternate
between sleep and wake.

they say to enjoy our youth,
as if these aren’t
the worst years
of our lives,
like we’re not scared
that we’re all gonna die,
like we don’t have to worry
if our friends
are gonna make it out alive,
as if we’re not
living just to survive,
praying that we make it
to 25,
and that one day,
the world finally
answers our cries
for help.

7 years to 30,
yet i still see
the clock ticking,
telling me
i’m growing weary,
but i wanna be
taken seriously,
i want to feel like
i matter,
i’ve been knocked down
too many times,
i want luck
for once
to be on my side,
i want to feel
like everything
will be alright,
i want to feel
like i’m not spiraling,
losing my mind,
i want a sign of light
in this dark, dreary life.

end this nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment