Sunday, January 30, 2022

3. love made me lose myself

love gave me pain
when i was supposed
to be smiling,
love took away
the optimism
from my life before,
love made me regret
the very words
i’ve written here,
love made all
the positivity
turn to fear,
love made me
hold back
the real feelings
to avoid the hurt.

love was a gaslight
burning under me,
love was a lack
of responsibility,
love was painting me
as the bad guy,
love was silencing
without accountability,
love was apologizing
for my mistakes
without getting any back,
love was saying
“that’s just who i am”
instead of growing
from your toxicity,
love was causing rifts
in friendships
because of immaturity.

love was manipulation,
love was trauma,
love was losing trust,
love was being used,
love was being led on,
love was never compromising,
love was taking advantage,
love was leaving scars,
love was spending every day
feeling like a 10 and a 0
all at one time
all because of one person,
love was the last straw,
love was having the rug
pulled from under me
and losing the innocence
life had given me
for so many years.

love made me lose myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment