Sunday, January 30, 2022

4. party

9:47 pm,
seventh trip
to the bathroom,
wondering
if i should lock
myself in,
this is new
to me
and i’m overwhelmed,
everything feels louder
than it really is,
what do i get
when i head back?

disassociating,
had to move away
from the corner
where someone
was throwing up
next to me,
just focus
on the movie
on screen,
haven’t had
a bite to eat,
not so hungry,
too many people,
counted 19,
i give a wave
when they stop by,
but i try
to pretend
i’m not here.

i’m too shy
for this scene,
great party
but mentally,
it’s bleeding me,
happy for the invite,
but i’m always
my most awkward
when the world
can see it.
won’t leave yet,
i’ll stay for my friends
who might feel the same,
try to hold
a conversation
and hope they don’t
abandon me.

alright, let’s head back down.

No comments:

Post a Comment