Sunday, January 30, 2022

5. cheers to me

waiting for my flowers,
i know i deserve ‘em,
been through hell
but i’m still here
to tell the tale,
i still hit my lows
and the pain won’t go,
but look what i’ve built
along the way,
jack of all trades,
my versatility
shines through,
even when i’m kissing
the bottom,
can’t say
i’m ever afraid
of the drop.

anyone that wants
to try and do it better,
go ahead,
i’m waiting,
that ain’t a challenge,
it’s an invitation,
i’d rather welcome
collaboration
than battle one
that wants
to be my replacement.
i’m not going away,
so you’d better
get used
to hearing my name,
‘cause whether i live
to see it or not,
i know i’m gonna
die a legend.

make a toast for me,
the king claiming
the throne,
content soldier,
look at me go,
took the blows
from those
that thought i’d slow,
yet i still
put on a show,
never stop the flow,
still got so many goals,
watch out,
i’m about to glow,
ready to be everything
they said i’d never be,
i’ll win on my own terms,
so place your bets,
because i’m set for success.

cheers to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment