Friday, May 28, 2021

1. breaking

like a wrecking ball
to a worn-out stadium,
the walls are crumbling,
tried to piece them
back together,
but nothing holds up,
i’m breaking apart
in front of your very eyes,
watch and be amazed
as i try, in vain,
to appear okay,
while the pain overtakes me,
can’t keep my head straight,
and these days,
can’t bring myself to say
that i feel great.

and i’m finding
that the times
where i’m dead inside
are when i feel
the most alive,
breaks the monotony
of the moments spent
moving like a zombie,
numb to it all,
i stay desensitized,
then every once in a while,
the thoughts pile,
feel like a fleet
of a hundred miles,
brain at a 120 frame rate,
and light or dark,
it never slows.

lately, i’m feeling
scared to go to sleep,
sink into the pillow
and my breath shortens,
almost feel the blanket
suffocating me,
and closing my eyes
is the scariest part,
i’m always worried
they won’t open tomorrow,
insomnia rushing back,
every time i think i’ve tamed
the vicious beast,
it arrives to disrupt the peace
and remind me that,
no matter how hard i try,
i’ll always be broken.

life’s fucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment