Friday, May 28, 2021

10. trust

i’ve watched
my world crumble,
the pain increased,
i’ve seen the lack
of empathy
in many that i meet,
saw idols turn to rivals,
looked down on those
that stood taller,
peaked behind the curtain
and saw the evil,
now i’m rejecting love,
i’ve let my heart grow cold,
allowed my trust
to dissipate
as i navigate
to avoid the snakes.

22, and i already feel
like i’ve had enough,
put through the wringer
and i still feel soaked,
had to save myself
from the stress
of society
and try to find
my own happiness,
even as i’ve turned
and embraced the cynic
that’s been living in me
since i had to fake
all those smiles.

but i’m learning how
to trust my mental,
it’s not the best
but it’s what i’ve got,
pieced together
and stitched with flaws,
mistakes will be made,
but we work to fix them,
i’ll be with me
from here on out,
no matter how tough,
who comes and who goes,
i’ll always have me,
a constant work in progress,
but a content soldier
with a point to prove
and a mark to be left.

so let’s do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment