Friday, May 28, 2021

9. blackballed

i don’t give in
to a system,
i don’t bite my tongue,
and i won’t let a soul
tell me what i write,
right or wrong,
i shape my stories,
place these words
on the page
and keep on fighting
as i wait for the day
where i get to bask
in the glory
of the success i made
that they all tried
to take away.

ever since i wrote “career,”
i’ve been blackballed,
the demons wanted me
to take the fall,
they’ve been haunting
and finding ways
to cause my failure
for far too long now,
feel like i’ve lived
every day
with my back planted
against the wall,
used to them wanting
to see me collapse,
but i’ll get my wins,
and on the way up,
they’ll be the ones
that’ll lose.

watch your chickens
come home to roost
for all the years
you threw me aside,
had so much pride
but out came the lies,
you tried to sabotage,
mess with my mind,
but try as they might,
i won’t fall down,
i’ll lead the way,
carve out my lane,
and when they try
to crawl back,
i’ll remind ‘em
of the times
where they turned,
tried to hold me down,
but you won’t put me out.

just wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment