Friday, May 28, 2021

8. run away

i’ve got things in life
i wanna leave behind,
the remnants
and memories
i’ve tried to forget,
burn it all away
and take the ones
that make life heavy,
remove me from the hell
that they create,
the toxicity that weighs
and takes a toll,
as their chaos grows,
it’s hard to go
and find a happy place,
because i’m stuck
in this awful state.

surprised to find
that time has not
been kind to you,
through all the years,
you never grew,
numbers went up
but you stayed the same,
never made a change,
i always took the blame,
all the things you did
for selfish gain,
made me believe
that i was at fault,
went about it
without a lick of regret,
and i’m sick and tired
of this insult.

i wanna run away,
change this part
of my story,
remove you from it,
handle myself
without the weight
of your pressure,
i wanna prove
my independence
that you contend
i have none of,
there’s no amending
for the sins of your past
when they bleed so much
into your present self,
i gave you every chance,
but now, i’m done.

just let me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment