Thursday, August 2, 2018

i'm not okay preface


surprise. my 11th poetry album is "i'm not okay." i went with a surprise release and tried something new in regards to posting the albums because this one came to me out of nowhere. i wrote this album in one night during a point when i was dealing with heartbreak, a lack of self-confidence, and self-loathing. it's a particularly difficult album for me, because it basically sees me at the lowest of the low, and even though my last few albums saw me go down, this one sees me go about my business without much optimism whatsoever. i wrote this while i was in a lot of emotional pain, and i'm sure just looking at the titles will show that. poem #5, "longing," is also a particularly hard one for me, but i'll let you guys figure out why.

1. fuck it up

2. shitty day

3. through the pain

4. shut down

5. longing

6. just don't

7. sorry i'm not

8. don't cry for me

9. i'm not okay

10. no cry for help

No comments:

Post a Comment