Wednesday, August 15, 2018

this is me

3:30 in the morning,
man, just...say it.
speak your mind...
got something to say,
just go say it, you know?

yeah.

i know it’s been a bit
since we last spoke,
shit had me down then,
yeah, you know the drill,
i know who i am, yeah,
i know what i do, too,
get hurt too easy and
trap myself in my feels,
anxiety gets me easily,
i’m sure you can tell,
might be bipolar, i know,
i wrote a whole album
based all around that.
sensitive boy, i’m always
sad about this and that,
scared to grow up and
scared to lose everything.
i fall too hard, and i get
far too attached and
i set myself up for these
bouts of fear and anxiety.
yeah, your boy is flawed,
and he makes it all known.

but there’s more than that.

the same boy that sits and
overthinks everything just
cares so hard for his friends.
i love a lot, even in those
times that you hurt me,
because i don’t want to
live life without you, and
yeah, i get sensitive, but
it’s just who i am now,
and no, i don’t love how
sad i can get, but i’ll
own my flaws and keep
loving myself, because
i know who i am, and
i know that i’m great,
looks, kindness, talent,
yeah, i’ve got it all. and
i know that i’ll hurt again,
and i’ll be sensitive, too,
but at the end of the day,
i’ve got so much to live for.
i’m gonna keep pushing and
keep loving myself, and the
people around me because
no one knows where we’ll
all be tomorrow. that’s why
i’ll live for today, and enjoy
the life i’ve been given, and
remind those around me just
how much they mean to me.
this is me, it’s who i am, and
flaws and all, i’m still worth it.

yeah, king’s back, baby…
you know i gotta feel myself
when i’m writing these poems…
shoutout to my friends always
there for me, you know who you are…
shoutout to the people i’ve crushed on,
i’m glad we’re still friends today, too…
no need for drama these days, you know…
and shoutout to myself, too, you know…
gotta love yourself, gotta pipe yourself…
king of the poetry game right here,
you guys know how it is, gotta love it…

i’m off this.

No comments:

Post a Comment