Friday, August 4, 2023

1. tears that i never cried

this a tribute
to the tears
that i never cried,
thought i saved ‘em
for the day
that my mother died,
but not a single
little drip
falling from my eye,
mom, i’m sorry
that my plans went awry,
i never said goodbye,
i never went inside,
i never even tried
to put my pride
to the side,
or pay you back
and thank you
for the things
you supplied,
went outta the way
in the name
of saving my life,
i need a guide,
best one’s not alive,
wanna run and hide,
‘cause my hands feeling tied,
tryna take it in my stride,
but i can’t even confide,
hit me asking if i’m fine,
they ain’t getting a reply,
thrown in the fire,
how the hell do i survive?
without her telling me
that everything
will be alright?
i guess that
my reality check
just arrived,
i’ll never have
the drive i had
when mama was alive.

“i need you, mom.”

No comments:

Post a Comment