Friday, August 25, 2023

1. tired of life

i’m tired of life,
another late night,
sleep schedule’s
all over the place,
life of an insomniac
slowly turning
to a hypochondriac,
slightest sickness
feels like dying,
just wanna burst out crying
‘cause i’m 25
struggling to find
some direction in life,
i’ve been pushing
but it’s feeling like
the divine powers
are trying to kill me,
and i don’t know
how much more pain
i can take.

only difference
between ’22 and ’23
is that i’m coping better,
but what’s it matter
when i’m crumbling
under the pressure
of trying to get
bags of cheddar?
8 years later,
my greatest
accomplishment,
and i’ve been low since,
searching for more
out of life than this,
always thought
i was destined for bigger,
but i can’t feed the family
off of love and hope,
is this what it’s like
to be an adult?

‘cause now i feel
like i don’t wanna
grow up,
i got childhood fears
tryna reappear,
pull me back
to last year,
all this time
cooped up inside
got me losing
my mind,
back to thinking
that i’m dragging ‘em down,
nobody’s first
or second
or twelfth choice,
is it all in the mind?
or am i the worst
in the friend group?
it was “fuck people
except my peoples,”
but now i’m scared
that i don’t have peoples,
i don’t wanna say goodbye,
but it’s a choice
i don’t know if i’ll decide.

tell me i’ll be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment