Friday, August 25, 2023

4. 2023 (bonus track)

right back
where i started,
thought i grew
in ‘22,
found some peace
and comfort,
quieted the mind,
i thought i finally
got myself right,
but somehow,
i was sent left
somewhere along the way,
stuck feeling sick
and i can’t
get myself back on track,
so now i’m driving
in the middle of nowhere,
tryna find the path
back home,
but i’m too far gone,
and i can’t stop thinking
of how it all went wrong.

rest in peace
to the ones
that didn’t make it,
memories popping back up
in the days since,
too much grief
in one year,
not one for the suit and tie,
but i guess 2023
wants everything to die,
like the friendships
celebrated one day
to be crushed in the next,
rang in the new year
then watched the circle shrink,
made me think
i could’ve helped more,
start to wonder
how much i really matter.

and now,
i’m stuck inside
with my brain
going haywire
because i can’t stop
thinking about you,
out of fear,
i tried to convince myself
the feeling wasn’t real,
but i can’t contain it,
and it’s got me back
in the place
i hated being in,
the smallest things
and the tiniest signs
could make or break
my entire day,
thought i’d kept myself away
from the love,
but it’s all i’m thinking of.

‘23 got me feeling
like a burden,
disappointing my peoples,
i know i make ‘em
wanna leave,
but i just want life
to treat us positively,
wanna know that i didn’t
waste all my luck
in the final months
of ‘22,
give me a sign
that it’ll figure itself out.
for now,
i’m stuck in nowhere,
no idea where i’m going,
just tired of walking
through the fire,
i’m tryna
make it back alive,
but will i even have time?

i’m tired of being tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment